Meghan Markle has confirmed her father will not attend the Royal Wedding, leaving a question mark over who will walk his daughter down the aisle.
Ms Markle’s mother Doria Ragland now looks most likely to stand in for her ex-husband.
Odds on her giving her daughter away at St George’s Chapel, in Windsor, currently stand at 1/3 with Ladbrokes.
The firm has odds on Prince Charles giving Meghan away on Saturday at 3/1. Prince William stands at 5/1 and Prince Philip at 16/1.
Reports such a male friend of the couple – such as Tom Inskip or Mark Dyer – could step in and walk her down the aisle.
Betfair has Ms Ragland down as most likely candidate at 1/14, with Meghan ‘walking solo down the aisle’ at 7/1, Prince Charles at 9/1, and Prince William at 25/1.
Prince Harry and his bride-to-be had reportedly arranged an informal meeting with the in-laws, most likely at Buckingham Palace, before the ceremony.
But proceedings were thrown into chaos after Thomas Sr was involved in a scandal involving a series of staged paparazzi pictures.
Speaking on Good Morning Britain on Tuesday, Samantha Grant, who admitted she has not spoken to her sister since 2015, accused the media of “twisting” and “skewing” anything she has told them about Ms Markle.
Sticking up for her father, she said he had been acting “in his own defence”.
She accused the media of “raking him over the coals to the extent that he was defenceless” and claimed coverage of interviews with herself has been “wholly inaccurate.”
In a statement released via Kensington Palce, Ms Markle said: “Sadly my father will not be attending my wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support.
“Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”